Are you still using the default password of your JioFi hotspot device? Well, if you have a very good memory that should be fine despite the unique character combination that the device uses. But if you are a bit slow on memorization, the best thing you can do is create a new one that is much easier to remember.
Perhaps your mother’s maiden name or your favorite cousin’s preferred restaurant name. But do you know how to do that? If not, we will teach you how to reset the JioFi password for your convenience.
Another good reason why you should learn to change and reset the JioFi password is to eliminate all the other devices that are connected to your JioFi network. Having too many connected devices on your hotspot will reduce your internet speed.
And that is even worse if all of them are using Android and iOS devices. These devices usually update every second for new messages and app version upgrades.
And then there are security issues that can put you at risk of being in a network that is shared by other people. Any one of them can exploit this opportunity and put your personal information online at risk. So here is how to reset the JioFi password so you can do this every other time for your security.
How to Reset JioFi Password
- The first thing to do is to get your JioFi device. Open the back case and remove the battery to uncover the sticker that has all the default information. Take note of the SSID and the default WiFi password because you will need it for later. Also, write down the IP address and the username and password to access it.
- Now, you will have to put back the battery, the back cover of the case and then boot up the JioFi device.
- Once the device is fully on, press the WPS and power button for a few seconds and then you will see the LED lights start blinking.
- Let go of the buttons and let the JioFi device complete the reset. This is important so you could remove all connected devices from your JioFi hotspot device and also clear the cache accumulated in it. It will be like a brand new JioFi device again.
- Some JioFi devices can be reset using the button inside the back cover next to the battery slot. Press that for at least 10 seconds then let go.
- Now connect your smartphone to the network using the default SSID and password.
- Once you are connected to the network, open your web browser and type in the IP address. It should be 192.168.225.1 or http://jiofi.local.html.
- A Login window will appear. For the username, type in administrator for username and the same for the password.
- Click the Network tab and then the WiFi Configuration.
- On the Network Name or SSID, type your preferred WiFi name or you can just leave it as it is.
- For the password, use something that you can easily remember but difficult for others to guess. The best way to keep a password in your memory is to use a name that is so familiar with you. That way, you would not need to write it down and make a copy to hide somewhere.
In case you still forget your WiFi password despite our advice that you use a very familiar word or name, it is always easy to reset it all again. Just do the instructions from the top and you should be fine doing it all again.
Make it a habit to frequently change your password if you often share your hotspot signal to other people. And be wary of sharing your internet with strangers. They could use the network to hack your bank account or any of your personal online accounts.
I hope this article has helped you with your JioFi device issue. If you know other people who experience the same problem, do share this article with them to help them out as well as we are trying to help all of you.
If you have other questions, feel free to ask it in the comment section below. We appreciate curious people so ask away. Just keep it on this topic so we could easily answer your queries. Enjoy your online browsing!